CASA of Baltimore County is Hiring!
We're looking for a dynamic individual to fill our new position of Youth Engagement Specialist.
The Youth Engagement Specialist provides ongoing supports and resources to older youth while they are in foster care and after they age out. The Youth Engagement Specialist maintains contact with the youth through social media, texting, in-person meetings, and other means in order to build a trusting and familiar relationship. During this time, the Specialist will track interactions and outcomes and provide reports on activities and youth progress. After youth leave care, the Specialist is responsible for maintaining contact as much as possible and tracking outcomes for aged-out youth.
The position of Youth Engagement Specialist is an exempt position, and the incumbent will work primarily in the CASA office. Some travel will be required for case-related activities and trainings. Some evening and weekend hours will be required in order to provide support and training for CASA youth and volunteers.
The Youth Engagement Specialist shall have the following education, skills, and experience:
- Personal experience in the foster care system or a similar experience
- High school diploma or undergraduate degree preferred, but not required; additional work experience required if no diploma or degree
- The ability to work cooperatively with people of different personalities, lifestyles, cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use word processing software, Excel, and database programs
- Commitment to CASA’s mission and vision
RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOUTH
- Maintaining regular contact with in-care and aged-out youth on an individual and group basis through:
- Social media
- In-person meetings
- Other means as determined
- Providing opportunities for in-care and aged-out youth to learn about local resources and services, including educational, vocational, housing, etc.
- Making referrals to services for aged-out youth as needed
- Attending court hearings as requested
RESPONSIBILITIES TO PROGRAM
- Completing New Employee Training, including the first available training course for CASA volunteers
- Completing the Fostering Futures Training
- Becoming familiar with the National CASA standards for local programs
- Maintaining Optima database, including entering notes of contact with youth
- Creating and maintaining database/spreadsheet of outcomes for aged-out youth; be familiar and assist with database for Fostering Futures (older in-care) youth
- Meeting with the Program Director on a quarterly basis to review the status of youth, and notifying the Program Director in a timely manner of any concerns regarding case issues
- Providing Program Director all required case information for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual statistical and narrative reports to funders
- Assisting with annual resource fair
- Providing closing summaries to assigned Advocate Supervisors upon a youth’s aging out of care
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Program Director
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Jennifer Stine, Executive Director
305 W. Chesapeake Ave., Ste. 117
Towson, MD 21204